Botox, Dysport or Xeomin
Aging happens to all of us, but fortunately there are plenty of ways to reduce wrinkles and get back to that younger-looking you. One of the most well-known injectables for eliminating wrinkles around the eyes, frown lines, and forehead furrows is Botox. Other newer products that are just as effective include Dysport and Xeomin. Each are made up of botulinum toxin type A which has been approved by the FDA. Injections of Botox, Dysport or Xeomin all act to block muscular nerve signals, which then weakens the muscle so it can’t contract. The end result is diminished unwanted facial wrinkles.
After years of habitual facial expressions such as smiling or frowning, grooves, lines and wrinkles begin to appear as the results of repeated muscle contractions. We call these “dynamic” wrinkles. Genetics, family history and lifestyle habits (such as smoking or sunbathing) also contribute to these “dynamic” wrinkles and creases. Dr. Peter J. Abramson at Abramson Facial Plastic Surgery Center in Atlanta, GA has successfully performed thousands of treatments using Botox, Dysport and Xeomin.
Using either Botox, Dysport or Xeomin is a simple procedure but can provide some of the most dramatic results for giving you a more youthful appearance. You can expect to see results in just a few days after treatment. The appearance of the treated areas may continue to improve over time as the wrinkle relaxes and soothes with full results seen in five to seven days.
Benefits of Injectables at Abramson Plastic Surgery Center in Atlanta
There are many benefits to choosing Botox, Dysport, Jeuveau, or Xeomin cosmetic treatment for wrinkles and lines, including:
- All are safe, effective “lunchtime” treatments
- Treatment involves no surgery and no downtime
- Injections are performed right in our office by Dr. Peter Abramson
- All will smooth out even the toughest wrinkles and lines
- All offers visible results within 3-7 days
- Treatment results are long-term, lasting several months
- The Botox, Dysport or Xeomin Procedure
Treatment is simple and quick, creating long-lasting results in very little time.
1. Using a tiny needle, Botox, Dysport, Jeuveau, or Xeomin is injected into the specified facial area.
2. There is minimal discomfort.
3. You can resume normal activities immediately after treatment.
4. Treatment effects will be noticed as little as 24-72 hours after injection.
5. Treatment results typically last 3-6 months.
6. Repeated injections have been shown to increase the duration of results over time.
7. Treatments cannot improve wrinkles or folds that are not related to muscle contractions.
What is the Difference between Botox, Dysport, Jeuveau, and Xeomin?
Botox, produced by Allergan, was the first on the market and approved by the FDA in 1989. Dysport, produced by Medicis was FDA approved in 2009 and Xeomin, produced by Merz was FDA-approved in July 2010. All essentially do the same thing, eliminate crow’s feet and frown lines. Each are injectable neuromodulators, meaning they temporarily alter the nerve impulses or targeted muscles, therefore reducing or eliminating contraction-induced wrinkles.
Botox was the first out and thus has become a household name when it comes to describing an age reducing procedure. They are all very similar and derived from the same ingredients, botulinum toxin type A. Dr. Abramson, who specializes in cosmetic injectables uses all three interchangeably and will use in conjunction with facial fillers such as Radiesse, Restylane, and Juvederm which are volumizers. Many patients become confused as to what injectables to use and where. Dr. Abramson is happy to explain and will most often suggest which he feels are best to use for the individual patient.
Abramson Facial Plastic Surgery Center is located in Atlanta, GA. Both men and women travel from Alpharetta, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Johns Creek, Marietta, Milton, Decatur and other Atlanta Metro areas to receive their facial injectables from experienced surgeon Dr. Peter Abramson. Appointments for injectable treatments are offered daily. Call and schedule your time (404) 297-1789.