If you have not experienced microneedling with growth factors, it’s time. Call Dr. Abramson’s office in Atlanta, GA, and schedule a consultation with Lina Valiukaite, Abramson Plastic Surgery’s medical aesthetician, to find out if you are a candidate for microneedling which is appropriate for all skin types and has a number of great benefits:
- Reduces the signs of aging
- Improves the appearance of acne scars
- Rejuvenates the skin
More Good News
- Treatment can be tailored to the patient’s skin because the SkinPen needle-depth is adjustable.
- Minimal risk of infection or scarring because the epidermis is not damaged.
A Natural Route to More Youthful Skin
Microneedling, also known as collagen-induction therapy, is a minimally-invasive skin procedure done by Lina, Dr. Abramson’s talented aesthetician. She uses a SkinPen Microneedling device that creates hundreds of tiny micro-channels in the skin but does little damage to the epidermis. The SkinPen activates the skin’s natural wound-repair process. The micro-injuries trigger the release of cytokines and growth factors that lead to remodeling, which builds collagen and elastin.
The body’s wound-repair reflex has 3 stages:
- Phase I: Inflammation.Piercing the skin triggers the immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation.The wound is re-built with new granulation cells, as well as a temporary (type III) collagen and elastin, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling.The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels. The type III collagen in the newly-formed tissue is replaced with stronger type I collagen, which contracts to tighten the skin.
Lina may recommend several microneedling treatments depending on the patient’s aesthetic goals. She may also suggest other treatments that will work with the microneedling to address other skin conditions.
But first, a topical anesthetic
Before beginning a microneedling treatment, Lina applies a topical anesthetic to the skin. Because of this, the treatment is basically a pain-free, comfortable experience for most individuals. Patients feel a mild vibration during the procedure which involves rolling the SkinPen around the entire face area twice.
Healing time varies from patient to patient. There may be some redness or slight swelling which does not last long. Most patients return to their normal routine the next day.
An Important Reminder
Patients must keep in mind the results of microneedling are not immediate. Collagen builds as the skin remodels. The effects of the treatment develop over time.
Call Us for Questions About After Care
If at any time after the treatment you have questions or concerns, call the office to speak with Lina.
Microneedling treatments can really make a difference in the tone, texture, and smoothness of the skin.
Happy New Year; it’s a great time to try microneedling, a new treatment for aging skin. This wonderful, beneficial treatment is available at Abramson Plastic Surgery. Call Lina, Dr. Abramson’s medical aesthetician, to schedule a treatment.
© 2017 Abramson Facial Plastic Surgery. All rights reserved.