According to the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, when choosing any type of elective surgical procedures, it is important for you to make an informed decision. One of the most confusing issues facing patients when choosing a surgeon is that of board certification. It is important to seek out a surgeon who is board certified in the correct field of expertise. If you are considering surgery of the face and neck, that area of expertise is facial plastic surgery.
Here are a list of accomplishment and qualifications that make Dr. Peter Abramson at Abramson Facial Plastic Surgery Center in Atlanta, GA a confident choice when considering facial plastic surgery:
- Double board certified in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery and Otolaryngology (nasal surgery)
- Devoted and focused on doing only facial procedures such as face-lifts, nasal surgery, forehead lift, chin augmentation, ear surgery, skin resurfacing, and eyelid surgery.
- Over 15 years of experience and has performed thousands of successful facial plastic surgeries.
- Has his own out-patient AAAHC accredited surgery center providing the ultimate in safety, privacy, and comfort during your procedure.
One of the most important factors for successful facial plastic surgery is the relationship between the patient and surgeon. An initial consultation provides the patient and surgeon an opportunity to discuss all that is involved in the desired procedure. It is advisable for the patient to write questions down before the consultation.
You may want to ask the following questions:
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- How long will the operation take?
- What is the recovery time?
- What are the risks involved?
- Is post-operative medication necessary?
- What is the cost of the procedure?