Generation X Redefining 40s & Beyond
More women in their forties are choosing cosmetic procedures like Botox, facial fillers like Juvederm. blepharoplasty and mini facelifts. In your 40s, the subtle signs of aging from your 30s may become more pronounced. The upper and lower eyelids may begin to sag and can create a deep-set look. Crow’s feet may develop around the corner of the eyes and frown lines deepen in the forehead. You may notice horizontal wrinkles developing in the forehead. In the lower face, vertical lines may begin to appear and deepen around the nasolabial folds, marionette lines may begin to form, and cheeks may lose their volume.
Facial cosmetic procedures are no longer thought of by young women in their 40’s for older women. The media has embraced celebrities and other women who are over the age of 40 as beautiful and sexy. This has set the stage for older women to be accepted as beautiful; not just beautiful for their age. We can thank the introduction and accessibility of cosmetic surgery procedures for a great deal of the acceptance.
Top Procedures for Aging Gracefully Through Your 40s
Women and men in their 40s can normally benefit from a variety of aesthetic procedures appropriate for their age:
- Botox, Jeuveau, Dysport, Xeomin – temporary elimination of forehead wrinkles, crow’s feet, lines between eyebrows.
- Facial Fillers – Juvederm, Restylane, Volbella, Radiesse to plump lips and cheeks. Fill in lost volume that begins to appear in the nasolabial folds and under the eyes.
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) to rejuvenate eyes for a brighter and more youthful appearance.
- Brow or Forehead Lift
- Rhinoplasty or Revision Rhinoplasty
- Microneedling -These treatments improve the overall tone, minimize sun spots, and promote collagen production for healthy, bright, smooth skin year round.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Chemical Peels and Facials
- Skin Care – The essentials: cleanser, toner, and moisturizer, and active ingredients such as growth factors, retinols, and peptides treat fine lines and wrinkles, sun spots, rosacea, and other skin concerns.
What’s the Best Age for a Facelift?
Dr. Abramson at Abramson Facial Plastic Surgery Center in Atlanta, GA is asked this question daily. His response is that there is no single perfect age. Because everyone ages differently, the answer will be different for every person based on personal factors like how quickly your face is aging, how comfortable you are with those age-related changes, and, of course, your personal preferences, lifestyle, and treatment goals.
The facts are in, more women in their forties are choosing cosmetic procedures. Are you one of them? Please contact Abramson Facial Plastic surgery Center to schedule a consultation with Dr. Peter Abramson. He can help you decide on the right options that will be best for your needs.