What to do About the Aging Neck?
The aging neck and décolletage are often among the first areas to be affected by the various visible signs of aging. Even those who embrace a complete skincare regimen often commonly forget to apply moisturizer or sunscreen to the neck area. As a result, collagen and elastin in the skin may be broken down at a faster rate than they are created, which leads to the development of wrinkles, skin laxity, and other signs of premature aging. The appearance of an aging neck is one of the most common complaints from patients during a consultation with Dr. Peter Abramson.
How to Protect Your Neck From Aging
Many women are diligent about applying face cream, sun screen. wearing a hat out doors but when it comes to their neck – they zone out! Ladies, it’s one of the first places aging will occur! It should be treated just like your face when it comes to anti-aging prevention.
The neck is one of the most common areas that require wrinkle treatments later in life. If you want to prevent your neck from aging faster than the rest of your skin, follow these tips.
- Get an Environ Ionzyme DF Facial – By replenishing what skin has lost, it can look healthier and beautifully radiant. A recommended course of 6-12 Environ Ionzyme® DF Facials over a 3-6 month period helps to ensure that key skin concerns can be targeted, for example: sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles, dehydration as well as sallow looking skin
- Take a Collagen Supplement – look for one that also includes hyaluronic acid, a compound that makes it possible for the skin to absorb more water and appear more plump.
- Utilize a High-Quality Vitamin C Oil – Environ Body Oil is highly recommended for treating sun-damage on the body and for added hydration of the face. Environ Body Oil contains vitamins A, E and C.
- Eat food high in Omega-3 and -6 fatty acids that make it easier for your body to produce the collagen necessary to keep your neck skin looking plump and tight. Foods like cold water fish, avocados, various seeds and nuts.
- Get Some R&R: Rest and Environ Focus Care Retinol – Retinol Serums 1-3 may help to improve the appearance of skin damage, and promote healthy-looking skin that looks truly reborn beautiful.
Can Botox Help an Aging Neck?
When it comes to treating an aging neck, Botox can be injected to prevent the neck muscles from appearing strained and aged. By injecting Botox into the platysma bands and along the jawline to reduce fine lines and wrinkles as well as produce a lifting, rejuvenating effect for the neck area. Abramson’s Facial Plastic aesthetician, will work with you to determine which combination of non-invasive procedures and specially formulated skin care products are best suited to delivering your natural-looking, long-lasting, revitalizing results.
- Excess fat and skin relaxation in the lower face that creates jowls
- Excess fatty deposits under the chin
- Loose neck skin
- Muscle banding in the neck, which created abnormal contours
Some people feel they are not ready for a full facelift because the upper face is still pleasing. However, many patients will note excess wrinkling of the neck skin, a double chin or “turkey wattle” and jowl lines. When the neck area doesn’t match the upper facial appearance, a neck lift may be a good solution.
Dr. Peter Abramson often performs neck lift surgery in conjunction with a brow lift, fat transfer to the lips and cheeks, and eyelid surgery. You can discuss your options with Dr. Abramson during you consultation.